Volunteer Program Associate
- 37.5 hours/week (FTE 1.0)
- $43,000-$48,000 annual compensation range
- Hybrid work environment (in office and some remote)
- Reporting to: Direct Service Team Lead
We are seeking a Volunteer Program Associate to join our team. The position requires strong facilitation skills and a passion for supporting volunteers and challenging the status quo. The successful candidate is a dependable self-starter who can juggle multiple tasks, thrives in a fast-moving environment, and demonstrates versatility as part of a dynamic team.
Sagesse empowers people of all backgrounds to disrupt structures of violence through curating environments to heal and lead safe, healthy lives. With innovation as our programming cornerstone, Sagesse works for anyone who has experienced domestic abuse, including people who are at risk of being abused, informally support others, or are involved in sex work.
We work in more than 50 communities across Alberta – either directly providing service or partnering with agencies to deliver programs on our behalf. We are also the backbone agency for the Calgary Domestic Violence Collective and Alberta’s provincial IMPACT initiative.
Our social enterprise arm, ByDesign, is a hub of knowledge, experience, and innovation with an aim to disrupt norms, dispel disbeliefs and deepen societal impact.
Our philosophy is to engage in curious, fierce conversations and collaborations and we see this as a path to ending domestic abuse.
Competencies & Skills
- Engages in curiosity and vulnerability (Brene Brown)
- Ability to create rapport with communities, volunteers, partner organizations and colleagues
- Must be able to travel to communities to deliver volunteer capacity building across Alberta
- Acts, learns, and makes decisions through cross‐sectional, gender transformative and intersectional lenses
- Passionate about supporting volunteers across Alberta through multiple ways
- Thrives as a member of a collaborative, fast paced team
- Degree or Diploma in Social Work or equivalent with ability to register in a professional body
Role & Responsibilities
- Supervision of all agency volunteers across Alberta
- Facilitation and maintenance of agency volunteer program
Volunteer Program Delivery
- Maintain and oversee adherence to volunteer legal standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Recruitment, screening, onboarding, and appreciation of all agency volunteers
- Work cooperatively with evaluation and program staff to evaluate volunteer program
- Support implementation of new research in the development, delivery and maintenance of volunteer program as directed by agency leadership
- Ensure volunteer file maintenance
- Report on monthly activities and statistics
- Provide information, as necessary, for development of funding proposals and reports
- Attendance at all supervision and staff meetings
- All other duties as required
- Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only successful candidates will be contacted