Member Engagement Coordinator
Reporting To: Collective Impact Lead
Sagesse is uniquely positioned to disrupt the structure of domestic violence through work with individuals, organizations, and communities. With innovation as our cornerstone, we work to make a difference one life at a time through our services and peer support programs. Our capacity building workshops focus on educating all members of society about violence to help make us all better at recognizing, responding to, and preventing violence.
We believe everyone has a role to play in ending violence. By working together, educating individuals, and holding ourselves accountable, we can make large-scale change to the discourse around violence and ultimately stop violence before it escalates. With this in mind, Sagesse works as the backbone organization for Calgary Domestic Violence Collective and IMPACT.
Engage in vulnerability, curiosity, fierce conversations, and collective impact as a path to disrupting the structures of violence.
Support local Alberta domestic and sexual violence networks to engage in the eradication of domestic and sexual violence through a collective impact initiative focused on primary prevention.
- To ensure the quality development, delivery, and ongoing maintenance of the provincial collective initiative through building capacity with local networks.
- To ensure members of the local domestic/sexual violence networks feel engaged in and are aware of IMPACT.
- To support and participate in community development & collaborative activities aimed at addressing domestic and sexual violence across Alberta.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Degree in Social Work (or equivalent).
- Five or more years of experience.
- Strong collaborative relationship building skills among networks and communities.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to travel (post-COVID) both provincially (quarterly or bi-yearly) and to the Sagesse offices in Calgary (as needed).
- Collective impact experience an asset.
- Data science experience an asset.
- Knowledge of Alberta’s urban communities an asset.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Identify, engage, and develop local domestic/sexual violence networks across Alberta.
- Support local domestic and sexual violence networks to build their capacity.
- Provide coaching for network leaders.
- Support and build capacity of IMPACT Mobilizers/network leaders.
- Support and build capacity of Alberta domestic and sexual violence networks to engage in collective impact, data collection and analysis, evaluation, strategic planning and alignment, governance, and primary prevention.
Member Engagement & Communications
- Connect with identified IMPACT Mobilizers and/or network representatives through regular meetings.
- Maintain relationships with current members though a variety of ways (individual meetings, agency events, communication etc..) as necessary.
- Support the bi-yearly Summit to report back to membership on status of IMPACT.
- Monitor, assess and report on network engagement strategy performance.
- Ensure members know and understand the value of collective impact, data collection and analysis, evaluation, strategic planning and alignment, and primary prevention.
- Ensure networks understand their role within IMPACT.
Community Development and Collaboration
- Identify areas of systemic barriers for networks/communities and opportunities for social action.
- Participate in community bodies to address systemic barriers and promote engagement with IMPACT and /or Sagesse programs at the direction of supervisor.
- Support local domestic/sexual violence networks and data collaborators to understand data science including how to respond to findings of data.
- Work collaboratively with Sagesse colleagues to connect partners to all agency programs where applicable.
Administration and Reporting
- Maintain partner/member databases
- Report on monthly activities and statistics
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
Only successful candidates will be contacted