Marketing & Outreach Coordinator
Reporting To: Director Communications
$53,000 – $57,000 / year
Location: Alberta-based. Hybrid, in office, or telecommuting is supported.
Are you an accomplished marketer and relationship-builder with exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills? Then you should consider joining Sagesse as our new Marketing and Outreach Coordinator.
Sagesse empowers people of all backgrounds to disrupt structures of violence through curating environments to heal and lead safe, healthy lives. With innovation as our programming cornerstone, Sagesse works for anyone who has experienced domestic abuse, including people who are at risk of being abused, informally support others, or are involved in sex work.
We work in more than 50 communities across Alberta – either directly providing service or partnering with agencies to deliver programs on our behalf. We are also the backbone agency for the Calgary Domestic Violence Collective and Alberta’s provincial IMPACT initiative.
Our social enterprise arm, ByDesign, is a hub of knowledge, experience, and innovation with an aim to disrupt norms, dispel disbelief, and deepen societal impact.
Our philosophy is to engage in curious, fierce conversations and collaborations and we see this as a path to ending domestic abuse.
Competencies and Skills
- Engages in curiosity and vulnerability (Brené Brown).
- Post-Secondary in marketing, sales, or related training or experience.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience in sales, marketing, or community outreach roles.
- Excellent storyteller with the ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders and build productive, positive relationships.
- Acts, learns, and makes decisions through cross-sectional, gender transformative and intersectional lenses.
- Understanding of marketing principles and practices.
- Expertise in generating leads and translating them into clients, partners, donors and sponsors through strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and offer creative solutions to challenging situations.
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Expertise with Customer Relationship Management tools and their use to generate and track leads.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, basic website editing skills and search engine optimization (SEO) will be considered an asset.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Curate mutually beneficial and lasting relationships with potential partners, clients, donors and sponsors in line with the organization’s values, communications strategy and strategic outcomes.
- Build an understanding of the social service sector in Alberta and Sagesse’s workstreams in order to generate leads and to support your colleagues in the development of new service offerings or supports where there are gaps.
- In collaboration with the communications team, design and implement innovative marketing and advertising strategies to tell Sagesse’s story in a brand-aligned and consistent fashion.
- Develop and execute sales tactics to attract clients for ByDesign, Sagesse’s social enterprise, build partnerships, attract donors and sponsors, and promote Sagesse’s programs and services across Alberta.
- Develop means of measuring the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, promotional campaigns and communications programs and strategies.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: August 13, 2021
Only successful candidates will be contacted