Reporting to: Business & Finance Director
Location: Calgary, AB
Contract: 12-month temporary maternity leave cover
Term: December 9, 2021 – December 8, 2022, 30 hours/week (0.80 FTE)
Sagesse is uniquely positioned to disrupt the structures of domestic abuse through work with individuals, organizations, and communities. With innovation as our cornerstone, we work to make a difference one life at a time through our services and peer support programs. Our capacity building workshops focus on educating all members of society about abuse to help make us all better at recognizing, responding to, and preventing domestic abuse, including coercive control.
We believe everyone has a role to play in ending abuse. By working together, educating individuals, and holding ourselves accountable, we can make large-scale change to the discourse around violence and ultimately stop violence before it escalates. With this in mind, Sagesse works as the backbone organization for Calgary Domestic Violence Collective and IMPACT.
Overseeing the financial and human resources arm of the organization as well as ensuring efficient business operations in support of the organization’s strategic plan and program operations.
- To oversee and assure all financial aspects of the organization are being performed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- To ensure human and physical resources are planned for, managed, and adjusted to meet changing operational needs.
- To ensure effective business policies and efficient business procedures are in place, adhered to and refined.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Non-Profit Management or related field
- Five years’ of experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and small business accounting software
- Knowledge of RBC Express is an asset
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Financial and Risk Management
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Develop, maintain, and oversee adherence to all financial policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly financials
- Prepare financial reporting for all grants
- Assure day-to-day financial activities are managed including but not limited to payables, expenses, bank, electronic and credit card deposits, incoming donations, grants, other receivables, invoicing, investments, and cash flow
- Assure robust filing system including financials, society records
- Assure tax receipting
- Oversee and manage staff / volunteers / vendors supporting the Financial Management function
- Monitor, assess and report on Financial Management performance
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the agency.
- All other duties as assigned
Human Resources Management
- Assure Payroll is prepared and submitted to Payroll Company
- Assure and manage employee benefits in conjunction with Payroll Company
- Coordinate with external consultant for all other needs
- Assist with HR recruiting when necessary
- Develop and maintain vendor / supplier and procurement ecosystem plan
- Oversee and guide stakeholder relations and contracts (including Donor, Funder, Information Technology, Facilities, Insurance, Auditor, etc.)
- Report on stakeholder outcomes
- Oversee COVID-19 and OHS research, training and adherence review
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 27, 2021. Only successful candidates will be contacted.