Reporting To: Director Communications
$53,000 – $57,000 per year
Location: Alberta-based. Hybrid, in office (Calgary), or remote is supported.
Are you an accomplished relationship-builder with exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills? Do you have five to seven years of relevant experience in stakeholder engagement, marketing, partnership, or community outreach roles? Then you should consider joining Sagesse as our Relationship Coordinator.
Sagesse empowers people of all backgrounds to disrupt structures of abuse through curating environments to heal and lead safe, healthy lives. With innovation as our programming cornerstone, Sagesse works for anyone who has experienced domestic abuse, including people who are at risk of being abused, informally support others, or are involved in sex work.
We work in more than 50 communities across Alberta – either directly providing service or partnering with agencies to deliver programs on our behalf. We are also the backbone agency for the Calgary Domestic Violence Collective and Alberta’s provincial IMPACT initiative.
Our social enterprise arm, ByDesign, is a hub of knowledge, experience, and innovation with an aim to disrupt norms, dispel disbelief, and deepen societal impact.
Our philosophy is to engage in curious, fierce conversations and collaborations and we see this as a path to ending domestic abuse.
Competencies & Skills
- Engages in curiosity and vulnerability (Brené Brown).
- Excellent storyteller with the ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders and build productive, positive relationships.
- Confident public speaking and presentation skills, and ease with cold calling.
- Expertise in generating leads and translating them into clients, partners, donors and sponsors through strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and offer creative solutions to challenging situations.
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Experience with stakeholder tracking or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and their use to generate and track leads is an asset.
- Acts, learns, and makes decisions through cross-sectional, gender transformative and intersectional lenses.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be the public face of Sagesse for new or potential partners, customers, donors and sponsors.
- Curate mutually beneficial and lasting relationships in line with the organization’s values, communications strategy and strategic outcomes.
- Track and document relationships in Sagesse’s customer relationship management tool, and coordinate activities including introductory calls and meetings, service bookings and relationship troubleshooting.
Marketing & Sales
- Build a thorough understanding of the social service sector in Alberta and Sagesse’s service offerings in order to generate leads, host pitch calls and meetings, close sales and support your colleagues in the development of new service offerings.
- Implement and manage the movement of stakeholders from first contact to partnership or sales agreements using Sagesse’s CRM.
- Develop and execute tactics to:
- Recruit collective impact member organizations.
- Secure informal and formal partners for program delivery across Alberta.
- Attract customers for ByDesign, Sagesse’s social enterprise.
- Attract donors and sponsors.
- Accountability for the agency’s partnership, fundraising and sponsorship targets.
- Measure and report on relationship activities on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with teammates to create and implement marketing strategies and campaigns.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only successful candidates will be contacted.